Saturday 5 April 2014

Small Vertical Garden Update



Last year I posted about some of the recycling projects I had been doing (A poor gardeners addiction) and one of the things that I had made was a vertical wall garden. I finally got round to planting it up last week and though it looks a little rough around the edges at the moment I am sure it will soon fill out and look alot better.

I chose a few different plants that I hope will cover up the structure! There are two ferns, two grasses and a Periwinkle that have taken up residence so far and I have also got some Viola to finish it off. The idea being that these are all pretty effortless plants growing in varying conditions and of course evergreen so one its established its a wall of greenery all year round!

This isn't a big pallet, any bigger I would have really struggled to move it with all the compost in it. Its going to stay there until it falls to bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment